We recommend regular testing and inspection to help maximise battery output.
With the average battery life span of between 6 to 48 months depending on its usage. Following a regular care and maintenance program will give you optimum performance and a long battery life.
Here are some tips to keep your car battery working at peak performance.
- Batteries should be kept clean – If dust and dirt is an issue, wipe over with a clean cloth. Grime can be removed with a brush and a solution made of baking soda and water but be careful not to allow any cleaning solution to get inside the battery. Rinse with water and dry thoroughly with a clean cloth.
- Make sure your Connections are Secure - Many battery problems are caused by dirty and loose connections. Cable connections need to be clean and tightened. Check that all vent caps are secured properly on the battery. Terminals can then be coat with an anti-corrosive spray or silicon gel that will help prevent corrosion, calcium build up and maintain connection. It also helps protect Battery terminals from degradation due to vibration.
- Regularly Check Fluid Levels - Distilled water is best; tap water is loaded with chemicals and minerals that are harmful to your battery, but not as bad as no water.
- Battery Storage – Batteries should be completely charged before storing them. Once charged store in a cool, dry location that is protected from the elements. Batteries in storage should be given a boost charge when they show a 70% charge or less. When batteries are taken out of storage, recharge fully before use.
- Charging your Battery – Proper charging is imperative to maximise battery performance. Both under or over charging your battery can significantly reduce the life of your battery.
- Safety - Always remember that any battery maintenance requires safety Precautions. Use proper handling and safety procedures when it comes to car batteries. Batteries contain sulphuric acid that can cause severe burns, and hydrogen-oxygen gases that can be explosive. Wear approved safety glasses or goggles as well as proper clothing to protect your hands and body.
Come and see us
Here at Mobas Batteries we are the battery specialists. We can provide advice about a good maintenance schedule for your particular vehicle and application.
We also provide FREE battery tests.
Drive through at 408 Frome Street Moree today.Trucks and Caravans welcome.
We offer free fitting, are fully qualified, licenced and insured. Batteries are our business and have been since 1958.